VX-920 Series Portable Radio
Dependable Communications For Long-Term Reliability
Withstands Harsh Environments
Rain, snow, fire suppression and dust are no problem for these radios manufactured to strict IP ratings. The VX-920 Series meets international waterproofing standard IP57 where water does not harm the radio when submersed to a depth of 3 feet for up to 30 minutes.
Intrinsically safe models are SGS certified to the requirements of ANSI/UL913 5th Edition for use in Class I, II, III, Division 1; Groups C, D, E, F,G; Temp T3C hazardous locations.
Never Miss An Important Call
Inlcudes DTMF Paging and variety of scanning features designed to optimize operation. Includes Basic, Priority, Dual Watch, Follow-Me, Follow-Me Dual Watch and Talk Around scanning with a built-in programmable home channel function.
When Safety Counts - Never Be Alone
Includes Emergency notification that will switch to a designated channel and send an emergency alert for help. Also includes Remote Listen which turns the radio transmit on remotely if needed to check out what is happening near the radio.
For enhanced user safety, the Lone Worker mode is a built-in timer that requires the user to reset at a predetermined interval. If not reset, the radio automatically switches to Emergency mode to alert help.
FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013.
Exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System – ARTS
Always know your connection status. Only Vertex Standard radios are designed to inform you when you and another ARTS-equipped radio are within communication range. If out of range, your radio senses no signal has been received and beeps to alert you. A great solution to keep your workers coordinated.
- 512 Channels and 32 Groups or 48 Channels and 3 Groups (VX-921)
- 5 Watts
- VHF: 134 – 174 MHz
- UHF: 400 – 470 MHz; 450 – 512 MHz
- 8 Programmable Keys (w/LCD) or 4 Programmable Keys (VX-921)
- 12-Character Alphanumeric Display (VX-924)
- 700 mW Audio Output
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- Wide Band Coverage
- Programmable 3-Position Toggle Key
- Direct Channel Recall
- RX/TX Battery Power Save
- DTMF ANI
- BCLO, BTLO and TOT Functions
- Stun/Kill/Revive (5-Tone)
- 2-Tone Encode and Multiple 2-Tone Decode
- 5-Tone Signaling
- Minimum Volume Control
- Clear Voice and Audio Pitch Control
- 7-Color LED Call Alert Indicator
- User Selectable Tone (w/LCD)
- Radio-to-Radio Cloning
- Voice Inversion Encryption
- Rolling Code Encryptionv
- Voice Inversion Encryption and DTMF Paging
- Digital Voice Storage – up to 120 seconds
- MDC-1200 / GE-STAR ANI Encode
- MDC-1200 / GE-STAR ANI Encode/Decode